Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Free shipping within Germany!
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: B-PP-VaWa
- ISBN: 978-1913089252
Deploying all of the engineering expertise and industrial might at his disposal, Vandervell achieved his goal in 1957, when the Vanwall of Tony Brooks and Stirling Moss won the British Grand Prix at Aintree. By the end of 1958, Vanwall had won a total of nine World Championship Grands Prix and claimed that year’s inaugural Constructors’ Championship, building the foundation for the considerable success that would subsequently be enjoyed by British-built Formula One cars.
First published in 1975, this book offers a unique insight into Tony Vandervell and the rise of his Grand Prix team and has been extensively expanded for this new edition from Porter Press International with the inclusion of hundreds of official factory documents from the archives of 'Jenks' and the GP Library – from telegrams and letters to lap charts and technical records. With a superb collection of period photographs and detailed captions written by Doug Nye, the result is the definitive history of this ground-breaking British Formula One team.
- The full story of Tony Vandervell’s rise to Grand Prix glory, from the ThinWall Specials to the Vanwall success of 1957 and 1958.
- New foreword written by Vanwall driver and six-times Grand Prix winner Tony Brooks.
- Hundreds of never-seen-before Vanwall documents from the GP Library archive, from correspondence with Enzo Ferrari to driver contracts and technical data sheets.
- 200 superb archive photographs in colour and black and white, with detailed captions written by Doug Nye.
- A complete race record of the ThinWall Specials and Vanwall Grand Prix cars - painstakingly updated using official factory documents.
|Number of pages:||288|
|Dimensions:||300 x 300 mm|
|Number of copies published:||Limited to 1,000 copies|
|Configuration:||Hardcover, dust jacket|
|Photos and images:||over 200 images|