Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Free of shipping costs within Germany!
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: B-917-023
In 1970 the world’s greatest sports car race was ravaged by periods of torrential rain but through it all came 917-023, driven by Hans Herrmann and Richard Attwood, to achieve a landmark success for the German manufacturer. This book provides detailed insight into not only this race but also the six others in which 917-023 took part, supported by a superb collection of period photographs, many in colour. All Porsche fans will love this addition to the 'Great Cars' series.
- The complete life story of Porsche 917-023, which won the Le Mans 24 Hours in 1970.
- The car’s seven races covered in detail, from the 1970 Brands Hatch 1,000Km to the 1971 Daytona 24 Hours.
- All surviving drivers of 917-023 specially interviewed for this book: Hans Herrmann, Richard Attwood, Vic Elford, Kurt Ahrens, Gérard Larrousse and Gijs van Lennep.
- The works-assisted teams – Porsche Salzburg in 1970, Martini in 1971 – outlined in detail, including interview input from mechanic Helmut ‘Käfer’ Frauenschuh.
- Nearly 300 period photographs, many previously unpublished, supported by a portfolio of specially commissioned studio photography.
Signed by the author
|Number of pages:||320|
|Format:||240 x 290 mm|