Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Free shipping within Germany!
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: B-EV-LM20
- ISBN: 978-1910505083
Officially licensed with the ACO, the organisers of the annual Le Mans 24 Hours race, this sumptuous book is the sixth title in a decade-by-decade series that is building up into a multi-volume set covering every race. This title covers the seven 24 Hours races of the 1920s, plus, as a prologue, all the events held at the Le Mans circuit during the period 1906–23. Each running of the 24 Hours is exhaustively covered in vivid photographs, an insightful commentary providing more detailed information than has ever been published about the period, and full statistics. Compiled by an acknowledged authority of this legendary race, this series of books is treasured by all enthusiasts of sports car racing.
- The 1920s saw a fascinating variety of machinery from 55 marques, three of which won: Bentley (1924 and 1927/28/29), Chenard-Walcker (1923) and Lorraine-Dietrich (1925/26).
- Above all this was the era of Bentley and the famous ‘Bentley Boys’.
- Highly detailed year-by-year treatment of the decade’s seven races, giving unprecedented depth of information and photographic coverage for each year.
- Official status provides a number of unique features, including the reproduction of photographs and full-colour race poster artwork from the ACO’s archives.
- The emphasis is on photographs that enthusiasts will not have seen before.
- The story of each race is told through photographs and an accompanying commentary.
- Complete data for each year includes technical regulations, entry list, circuit changes (with diagram), full results and category awards.
- The whole work is beautifully designed and presented.
|Number of pages:||336|
|Dimensions:||280 x 230 mm|
|Photos and images:||over 350 photographs (black/white)|