Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Free of shipping costs within Germany!
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: B-Etype-4WPD
Run by John Coombs with factory support and driven by some of the best racing drivers of the day, this car took part in the E-type’s first motor race and later became the prototype all-aluminium Lightweight E-type.
The car’s post-Coombs racing life is also fully covered, embracing up-and-coming Brian Redman’s exploits with it in 1965 and its modern-day successes at the Goodwood Revival, where it has twice won the TT Celebration race and has been raced by numerous fine drivers, including Dario Franchitti and Emanuele Pirro.
In this book expert author Philip Porter covers this famous E-type’s active life in every detail, using a wide variety of source material – including factory documentation – to explore not only the car’s race-by-race performances but also the trials and tribulations of its development and evolution. A fine array of period photographs – every competition appearance is shown – and a gallery of magnificent modern images support the meticulously researched text.
This is the complete record of a most significant racing car and the first in the exciting new 'Great Cars' series.
- Beautifully designed and presented
- Packed with stunning period material, most never seen before
- Story of the prototype Lightweight E-type told in full
- 4 WPD raced by great drivers, including Graham Hill, Roy Salvadori, Dan Gurney, Jackie Stewart
- Sir Jackie Stewart says ‘ It was a big deal for me to get a drive for John Coombs…one of those dream occasions for a young driver’
Signed by the author
|Number of pages:||320|
|Format:||240 x 290 mm|