inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage innerhalb Deutschlands
- Artikel-Nr.: B-Cobra
- ISBN: 978-1907085550
The prototype CSX2000 has been described as ‘the most important modern American car’, although it was built on a British AC Ace chassis with an American Ford V8 engine. CSX2001 was the first production Cobra and CSX2002 the first to race, leading to a series of competition successes that made Shelby’s Cobras famous and a favourite of sports-car enthusiasts throughout the world.
- CSX2000 was the only prototype Cobra and was retained by the Shelby family until 2016, when it sold at auction for a record $13.75 million.
- The first production car, CSX2001, was delivered to American race driver Ed Hugus, and subsequently sold to a Frenchman, Jean-Marie Vincent, who raced in the Tour de France and numerous European hillclimbs.
- CSX2002 nearly won its inaugural race, at Riverside, driven by Bill Krause, but was side-lined by a broken rear hub. The first Cobra win, by this car, fell to Dave MacDonald at Tucson in March 1963.
- All three cars are now the pride of car collections in the United States. CSX2000 and CSX2002 are part of the Larry Miller Collection, while CSX2001 belongs to a California-based motorsport aficionado Bruce Meyer.
- The book is lavishly illustrated with a mix of period and contemporary images, many of which are previously unseen.
|Format:||248 x 286 mm|
|Fotos und Abbildungen:||ca. 120 Fotos|