inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
- Artikel-Nr.: B-EV-GeMa
- ISBN: 978-1910505038
Gerry Marshall was a legendary figure in British motorsport from the mid-1960s until his death in 2005. A larger-than-life character in every way, Gerry’s outrageous behaviour, humour, outspokenness and legendary capacity for alcohol combined to ensure that no social event with his presence will ever be forgotten, while his amazing car control, tenacity and natural showmanship provided wonderful entertainment for thousands of racegoers over a 40-year career in which he won more than 600 races. This is a lavishly illustrated tribute to be treasured by all of Gerry’s fans.
- The full story of Gerry’s 40-year racing career on and off track.
- A photographic biography, from childhood through to his death while testing a car at Silverstone in 2005 – he succumbed to a heart attack at the wheel and his car coasted gently to a halt in front of the grandstands.
- Draws on a wealth of splendid photographs from his son Gregor’s collection, and features personal correspondence, track passes, magazine and newspaper features, programmes, trophies and other memorabilia.
- Special focus on the ten-year relationship with Bill Blydenstein and DTV (Dealer Team Vauxhall), racing Vivas, Magnums, Firenzas and the awesome V8s, including ‘Big Bertha’ and ‘Baby Bertha’.
- The races, the incidents, the wheeling and dealing, the parties
|Format:||230 x 280 mm|
|Autor(en):||Jeremy Walton, Gregor Marshall|
|Fotos und Abbildungen:||290 Fotos|