inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Versandkostenfreie Lieferung innerhalb Deutschlands!
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
- Artikel-Nr.: B-EV-F160
- ISBN: 978-1910505182
This book is the first in a multi-volume, decade-by-decade series covering the entire history of Formula 1 through its teams and cars. The series launches with the 1960s, when the British came to predominate after the rule of Italian and German manufacturers in the previous decade. All ten World Champions of the decade came from the English-speaking world – Britain, the USA, Australia and New Zealand – and most of the successful cars were British-built too, from Cooper, BRM, Lotus and Brabham. This was an era when small teams and privateers were involved in significant numbers and they are all covered, all the way to the most obscure and unsuccessful. This book shines new light on many areas of the sport and will be treasured by all Formula 1 enthusiasts.
- Year-by-year treatment covers each season in fascinating depth, running through the teams – and their various cars – in order of importance.
- Works teams form the core of the book: BRM, Ferrari and Lotus participated throughout the decade, while Cooper, Porsche, Honda, Brabham, Eagle, McLaren and Matra were the other winning marques.
- Privateer teams in all their colourful diversity are a special dimension of this book, topped by Rob Walker Racing, the finest privateer operation in Formula 1 history, and a winner in this decade with Stirling Moss and Jo Siffert.
- Privateers range from well-known names to one-race wonders long forgotten by even the most dedicated enthusiasts.
- Over 600 photos – in colour wherever possible – show every type of car raced by every team, presenting a comprehensive survey of all participants.
- The sweep of the decade covers rapid technical development, including monocoque chassis, ever-wider tyres and aerodynamic wings.
- Detailed text includes car specifications and technical essentials.
|Format:||280 x 235 mm|
|Fotos und Abbildungen:||630 Farb- und s/w-Fotos|