inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Versandkostenfreie Lieferung innerhalb Deutschlands!
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
- Artikel-Nr.: B-EV-Red
- ISBN: 978-1910505106
Foreword by Mario Andretti
At long last Brian Redman joins the list of notable British racing drivers whose racing life has been put on record in book form. Packed with photographs, Redman’s memoir is a vivid account of his varied racing exploits, with special focus on the period 1968–73 when he won major sports car races in Ford GT40s, Porsche 908s and 917s, and Ferrari 312PBs. Highly readable, and at times both humorous and poignant, this is a very personal book that will be enjoyed by this popular and highly respected driver’s legions of fans.
- Five themed chapters about Redman’s experiences at the greatest circuits and races of his era: Spa-Francorchamps, the Nürburgring, the Targa Florio, Le Mans and Daytona.
- Diving deep into Redman’s fears, friendships and mindset during his time at the top.
- Spa-Francorchamps: Redman won at this daunting track in four consecutive appearances in 1,000Kms races for sports cars, but was also injured in the first of his three big crashes, in the 1968 Belgian Grand Prix.
- The Nürburgring: two big sports car wins with his greatest driving partners, Jo Siffert and Jacky Ickx.
- The Targa Florio: in 1970 Redman won this heroic race over the uniquely punishing 45-mile circuit in Sicily – and suffered severe burns in another big crash the following year.
- Le Mans: he led France’s 24-hour classic five times but never won it.
- Daytona: the world’s other great 24-hour race, in Florida, brought three wins – in 1970, 1976 and 1981.
- Stories about driving for Porsche, Ferrari and colourful privateers, plus anecdotes about the era’s most famous drivers, managers, heroes and rascals.
- Successes in Formula 5000 (three-times champion in the USA) and 2-litre sports cars (South African champion) complete Redman’s credentials as one of the finest all-rounders in motor racing.
- Mario Andretti provides an insightful foreword: Redman and he were team-mates in Ferrari’s sports car team (1972–73) and the top drivers in North American Formula 5000 (1974–75).
|Format:||280 x 235 mm|
|Autor(en):||Brian Redman, Jim Mullen|
|Fotos und Abbildungen:||über 325 Fotos|